ETHNO in 2.0.3. version

Post by corbo-billy »

A new version is available .

ENHANCEMENTS IN VERSION 2.0.3:

_ Improved operation when using the same keyswitch for
multiple parts

_ Enhancements to drag and drop export of audio

_ Other minor enhancements

Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: ETHNO in 2.0.3. version

Post by James Steele »

Just downloaded it. 64-bit AU. Nice. I think I'm just going to only use the AU version and not bother with MAS since MAS isn't 64-bit AFAIK.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
beedubb78@gmail.com

Can't get Ethno Instruments 2 to install no matter what i do

Post by beedubb78@gmail.com »

Hi there,

I purchased Ethno Instruments 2, and after many many hours/days attempting to install it various ways i simply cannot get it to load properly. (I'm running Mac OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.4. Macbook Air 11" Early 2014. 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8 gB 1600 MHz DDR3/ with plenty of drive space). I'd very much like to have Ethno 2 run in Logic Pro X, but for now I'm even happy with just being able to run it using the standalone Ethno 2 application..........

Here's what I've tried already:
1st, i followed the method outlined in the supplied paper manual (ie. running the Ethno Installer first, then copying the .ufs sound banks to my computer, then connecting the iLOK license - still no success.)
2nd, I re-installed using the method recommended on various forums where the Sounds are downloaded first, then the installer. Still the same results. (Initially, i tried installing everything from the supplied discs, then after zero success I downloaded the updates from the MOTU site. Still the same lack of success.)
(i should mention that the iLOK key is in the computer the whole time when i've tried the '2nd' method above.)

Re: the Standalone Ethno 2 application: The error message ' Unable to mount the Volume from '/Library/ApplicationSupport/MOTU/Ethno/Ethno 2.ufs' ' appears when i open the standalone Ethno Instruments 2 application (& of course no sounds appear).
I've also tried creating aliases and installing them in the file ' /Library/ApplicationSupport/MOTU/Ethno ' and/or the file '/Library/ApplicationSupport/MOTU/Ethno/Ethno 2.ufs' but i can't seem to locate where this file is, or any file similar to this......

So, I understand that, when the Ethno 2 standalone application menu is empty and i get the above error message, the standalone sampler can't find the .dat and .ufs file, and it is necessary to manually point to their direction by creating aliases and placing them in the above described folder, but i don't get very far with this because i can't even locate the /Library/ApplicationSupport/MOTU/Ethno file.........

If anyone can help me with getting my purchased copy of Ethno 2 installed, I will be so very grateful :) Huge thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who can help :)
Best, Bri
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

It might be worth creating a tech link at the MOTU site in the mean time, Bri.

Sorry to hear of your woes; I've only used MachFive and it's never had any problem locating the .ufs files. You seem to have tried most things humanly possible already, and I'm sure MOTU will appreciate that you did so without screaming "foul" at them.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Maybe you have no more space to install all three .ufs files on the HD System in your MacBook Air ? :oops:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
beedubb78@gmail.com

Hi guys,
Thanks very much for your thoughts.
Re: HD space - my macbook air is new, and it has a huge amount of space on it so I'm pretty certain that isn't the issue.

I'm starting to wonder, along with not being able to find the proper location for the Ethno installation file, if the iLok registration might have something to do with it - the iLok key itself I purchased from someone else, but the license I purchased irectly from MOTU when I bought the new /sealed copy of Ethno 2 from MOTU does show up as being activated in my iLok summary.....

So, anyone have any ideas from this point?

It would be very very helpful if someone from MOTU could contact me (ie. Preferably via telephone to have a "realtime" conversation) but I'm happy to have any direction at all at this point by any means - so I will definitely create a tech link.
Thanks again Monkey Man and Corbo-billy.
:)
Bri
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

beedubb78@gmail.com wrote:It would be very very helpful if someone from MOTU could contact me (ie. Preferably via telephone to have a "realtime" conversation) but I'm happy to have any direction at all at this point by any means - so I will definitely create a tech link.
Thanks again Monkey Man and Corbo-billy.
:)
Bri
This is not a motu site, so it's not likely they'll call you from looking at this. But they do have contacts listed on their site. If you call them they can probably help you get your license and your ilok talking to each other.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
beedubb78@gmail.com

Thanks Bayswater.
Yes - I've got a ticket now going with MOTU, so hopefully the outcome will be ideal.
I'll post the outcome of the direct tech support once they reply. Hopefully I'll be using Ethno 2 very soon.
Thanks again.
Bri
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Yeehaa!

Don't worry Bri. They'll get you sorted.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here