Ethno 2 upgrade pricing cheaper somewhere else?

Moderator: James Steele

daveyboy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ethno 2 upgrade pricing cheaper somewhere else?

Post by daveyboy »

Is motu.com the only place one can get the upgrade pricing on the new Ethno 2 or can one get it elsewhere (cheaper)? So far I haven't seen it anywhere else other than motu's site.
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
peteruno

Re: Ethno 2 upgrade pricing cheaper somewhere else?

Post by peteruno »

Have to say the upgrade price is a slap on the face to me. 50 bucks maybe 75 but 195 for enduring what somebody aptly called an anemic library all these years. Sorry, I jumped to Ra years ago, upgraded to Play and might have been tempted to give Ethno another chance at a friendly price point to early adopters. But, hey a bad business decision IMHO, and it makes me sad to see that kind of practice when all those developers put in all those hard hours.
OS 10.4.8/DP5.11/MacbookPro/2gig ram/G5 dual 1.8/4 gig ram (10.3.9)/Kontakt2,Stylus RMX,Native Instruments,Pluggo,Altiverb, fw 800 drives, Yamaha 01V,01X,02R,etc...
mhschmieder

Re: Ethno 2 upgrade pricing cheaper somewhere else?

Post by mhschmieder »

:?: :?: :?: :?:

I too sold Ethno 1 and "moved to Ra" as you say (though there isn't much overlap between the products). Ra has been a huge disappointment for me, but has redeemed its price of entry due to covering some holes (such as Vietnamese Jaw Harp) that I desperately needed for projects.

Ethno 2 has more than twice the content of Ethno 1, so the upgrade price seems fair to me. Whether you want or need that extra content is another matter. I am personally considering Ethno 2 but need to first tally up its list of unique instruments vs. what I have already.

Ethno 2 also has some amazing new features that set it apart from most if not all other ethnic libraries out there. These features alone are worth $100 in upgrade fees, and the extra content is arguably worth up to $150 in upgrade fees, so the overall upgrade of $200 is a bargain.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH