ITS COMING!!!!! WOOOOOHOOO!!!!

Moderator: James Steele

MuseRitual
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

ITS COMING!!!!! WOOOOOHOOO!!!!

Post by MuseRitual »

Sorry for the caps and extra exclamatory-ness-ish ;). corbo-billy dropped this bomb of a vid in the 'Not Working in SL' thread. Its the first vid and should play automatically.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 1941590001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did some more research because of silly amounts of excitedement and found this quote on an emusician blog (the bus).

"MOTU was showing version 2 of Ethno Instrument ($395 MSRP), which offers 21 GB of ethnic-instrument samples and loops, which is a huge increase from the 8 GB that were offered in version 1. Also new are new time-stretching algorithms, licensed from IRCAM. Other features include access to a huge range of non-Western tunings that can be applied to any instrument. So you could take a Persian tuning, say, and apply it to a Japanese instrument. Lots of interesting possibilities. Upgrades will be offered for current Ethno Instrument owners. "

Soooooooooo... There's a big chunk of our answers we've been having questions to. Only thing left is seeing if upgrade is free and if not how much and of course.. when????!!!!!

So excited about V.2
Last edited by MuseRitual on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: ITS COMING!!!!! WOOOOOHOOO!!!!

Post by BKK-OZ »

Linky no worky.
And this would be an upgrade, so definitely not free, only updates are free.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
MuseRitual

Post by MuseRitual »

Linky fixed and yeah... upgrade not update :( Please please please dont put the screws to us too tightly MOTU!
tonester

Post by tonester »

MuseRitual wrote:Sorry for the caps and extra exclamatory-ness-ish ;). corbo-billy dropped this bomb of a vid in the 'Not Working in SL' thread. Its the first vid and should play automatically.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 1941590001

I did some more research because of silly amounts of excitedement and found this quote on an emusician blog (the bus).

"MOTU was showing version 2 of Ethno Instrument ($395 MSRP), which offers 21 GB of ethnic-instrument samples and loops, which is a huge increase from the 8 GB that were offered in version 1. Also new are new time-stretching algorithms, licensed from IRCAM. Other features include access to a huge range of non-Western tunings that can be applied to any instrument. So you could take a Persian tuning, say, and apply it to a Japanese instrument. Lots of interesting possibilities. Upgrades will be offered for current Ethno Instrument owners. "

Soooooooooo... There's a big chunk of our answers we've been having questions to. Only thing left is seeing if upgrade is free and if not how much and of course.. when????!!!!!

So excited about V.2
I'm excited too. Mostly. I feel that they should have fixed what was wrong with Ethnofirst, and then give the end user (me!) the option of the upgrade. Basically the only way I can use Ethno in Snow Leopard is to pay the $195($) upgrade price. Which is not to say I wouldn't have done it anyway, given the new features and extra content, it's just that I kind of feel like i'm being held hostage.
And I also think that MOTU is a great company. My home studio is bascially centered around their products, both hardware and software. When they released DP7,they released a patch (6.03) for users that hadn't upgraded.You don't always get that kind of support. Which is why I'm perplexed by their behavior with Ethno.
Who knows, maybe they will address the issue,and this will be a moot point. Then I can get back to the music making, not griping! :D
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Hi all. I embedded the video for you. Also placed it in the video forum.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MuseRitual

Post by MuseRitual »

Thank ya kindly James :)