Ethno & MIS empty ...never got a sound....made for Mac?

Moderator: James Steele

william
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ethno & MIS empty ...never got a sound....made for Mac?

Post by william »

Hello Unicornation people!
Greetings and happy 08. i have recently installed both Ethno and MIS on my iMac 2.33GHz IntelCore2Duo with 2GB SDRAM running OSX 10.4.11
I have intsalled the Ethno upgrade 1.0.1 and the latest MIS 1.1.3 as well from Motu.
I have not been able to get either VST to make any sound. When i open the screen it shows empty slots where the sounds should be. I can manually load the instruments but they dont play. I have read about the combo download of the upgrade for 10.4.9 that should be done manually due to some defect in the software update program from mac. should i manually run this and install it even tho im on 10.4.11 now? perhaps not, but i thought id check here to make sure. Im not sure what else to try. This seems very odd that it would be so problematic coming from Motu and supposedly being made for use with Mac? yikes? this looks to be unsolved from what i can tell. is there a sure work around that anyone knows of? id sure appreciate any assistance. Thanks so much. best wishes, Will
Last edited by william on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is a happy talent to know how to play
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
william

Post by william »

Greetings again. Well, here is a follow up to my own post from a coupla days ago. All i needed was to get the latest iLok drivers from Pace and that totally solved to the whole problem. Now im up and runnin on both Ethno and MIS and i am LOVING what i hear. Awesome.
Sure am glad i found this site and i want to thank CarrytheBanner for providing the information to Synthfreek that helped me solve this problem.
I found the information that i needed by scrolling thru both Ethno and MIS topics to see who else had my problem. and there it was....viola!! Glad to know it was such an easy fix and also glad i did not mess with my computer's operating system at all. The whole process took 10 minutes once got i the clear fix on it....way simpler than i was thinking. (':D')
Thanks CarryTheBanner. you certainly made a huge difference in my Motu experience tonite.....now im gonna do some jammin with myself and see what this new software is capable of..... (':wink:')
Thanks again, walk in peace ~Will
It is a happy talent to know how to play
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
carrythebanner

Post by carrythebanner »

Sure, you're welcome – didn't even know I'd helped ;)
"I don't see any method at all, sir."