Ethno: instruments?

Moderator: James Steele

ultra-nick
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ethno: instruments?

Post by ultra-nick »

Hi!! I am new here and i salute you all.
I'm planning to buy the Ethno, but i didn't find on the Motu site a detailed list of instruments: where i can find it? And, above all, contains Ethno the Uillean Pipes and the Armenian Duduk? These instruments are very important for my future compositions!!
Thank you.

Niccolò

P.S. Sorry for my english :D
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

the ullieann is there but I don't see the duduk... there are a lot of other flute that might serve you though...
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
ultra-nick

Post by ultra-nick »

Dwetmaster wrote:the ullieann is there but I don't see the duduk... there are a lot of other flute that might serve you though...
Thank you Dwetmaster: the presence of Ulliean is a good notice for me. Duduk is an instrument so amazing: i hope to find in Ethno a flute with a similar sound!!
scooter

Post by scooter »

East-West RA has some very nice Duduk stuff.

scooter
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gig memory, Apollo Twin audio interface.
ultra-nick

Post by ultra-nick »

scooter wrote:East-West RA has some very nice Duduk stuff.

scooter
Yes, Ra is incredible but is very expensive: Ethno seems a good solutions and the demos on the MOTU site are beautiful. Plus it has many ethnic voices: yesterday i read on a review in the web that Ethno hasn't the duduk. I Hope to find in the Ethno a similar instrument.
dosuna11

Post by dosuna11 »

ultra-nick wrote:

scooter
Yes, Ra is incredible but is very expensive: Ethno seems a good solutions and the demos on the MOTU site are beautiful. Plus it has many ethnic voices: yesterday i read on a review in the web that Ethno hasn't the duduk. I Hope to find in the Ethno a similar instrument.
MOTU doesn't provide the translations for any of the vocal loops. Some of them are phonics others are actual phrases with meanings. I see it all now.... car chase scene through a small village in India. Two men in a car fighting. Great music but the woman says in background music "My lover has not come home" What? See my post
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20213
iMac 2.7Ghz quadcore i5 16 gig RAM DP 7.24 OS 10.6.8, iMac G5 2.1GHz 2.5 gig Ram DP 5.13 OS 10.4.11 MOTU 828 MK2, East West Platinum Plus, Miroslav Philharmonic, Komplete 5, Kontakt 2 Garritan Big Band, Mr Sax T, The Trumpet, DrumCore, Trilogy and Trillian, Ivory, MachFive, Ethno Instrument, Reason 4, SampleTank 2 Sampletron, Samplemoog, Melodyne Editor, Nomad plugins, Vintage Warmer, Ozone 4, Amplitube Jimi, Xgear and AmpegSVX.
http:www.davidosuna.com
Pip

Post by Pip »

Vocal translation always worries me, so it's interesting to see what we might be sticking on our tracks! :oops: I'm up for voices of passion which I believe comes with translations and meaning full lyrics that can be edited - anybody using VOP?

I intend to get ethno for my pc in a couple of weeks - I'm hyped by what it will bring to my world influenced productions.
Later
Pip
ultra-nick

Post by ultra-nick »

dosuna11 wrote:
ultra-nick wrote:

scooter
MOTU doesn't provide the translations for any of the vocal loops. Some of them are phonics others are actual phrases with meanings. I see it all now.... car chase scene through a small village in India. Two men in a car fighting. Great music but the woman says in background music "My lover has not come home" What? See my post

Thanx
ultra-nick

Post by ultra-nick »

dosuna11 wrote:
ultra-nick wrote:

scooter

Thanx Dosuna, i read your post and the phrases seem really strange: however i belive that the phrases are useful for a "chill-out" composistion.
Bye.