iPad Controller?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Henry Robinett
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

iPad Controller?

Post by Henry Robinett »

Hey folks! Long time no see. What are you folks using for DP control on iPad. I used to love Tranzport! and then the DP Control for iPhone. Then I used something else which I can't remember for iPad. It was fairly expensive and buggy. THEN I used Neyrinck V-Control Pro-1 a few years back. It worked. No real complaints. Now he's updated it to 1.9.2. Looks fine. $49 yearly subscription if you want the bells and VCP-2. But I am trying to use the VCP-1 and not having much success and support is dreadful. I'm getting the meters and transport to move in VCP-1 but I can't get it to control DP. It's one way, and not the way I need it. I'm sure it works, but I don't know what either I'm doing wrong or what's up with it.

So I thought I'd ask here: What are folks using, if anything, for iPad/iPhone control of DP?
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
billf

Re: iPad Controller?

Post by billf »

While DP isn't listed as one of the supported DAW's, I've successfully used PT Control to control DP. Otherwise the options are hit and miss.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pro-too ... 75761?mt=8
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
Henry Robinett

Re: iPad Controller?

Post by Henry Robinett »

I got V-Control Pro-1 to work. It might be a little flakey, but it did or does what I need it to do, which is to remotely control DP while I record guitar.
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..