Sending MIDI out from 828mk3FW

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
woodshedder
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Sending MIDI out from 828mk3FW

Post by woodshedder »

Hello. I can't seem to send MIDI out from my 828mk3 via the MIDI out jack in back panel!!

I would like to send MIDI from my IK Multimedia iRig Pads (which is a USB MIDI device) to my Korg M3 soundmodule.
Just to clarify, the M3 does not work via USB with the latest mac osx operating systems, which is why I need to hook it up the old fashioned way.
Also, this worked fine by using my NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Keyboard! I connected the MIDI out of the NI S61 to the Korg module and I could play the M3 with the iRig pads. I have a special scene set up with my iRig pads that has several key parameters set up for the M3.
It just so happens that my homestudio is running out of space and this is why I need to locate the M3 module higher up the bookshelf out of my reach. The preferred destination is closest to the MOTU 828 and I simply can't figure out why I can't get this setup working via the 828 MIDI out like it did with the NI S61!

Do I need to set something up in the Audio-MIDI-Setup? Or am I missing some hidden menu under the cuemix FX software?

PS: MIDI in works just fine in the 828!

Thanks in advance for any help!