Help Godin MIDI Multiac, Roland GI-20 with Motu mk2 and Ampl

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
CONTROSOL
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Help Godin MIDI Multiac, Roland GI-20 with Motu mk2 and Ampl

Post by CONTROSOL »

Hi guys

I have several problems for run a Godin MIDI guitar with the motu 828 mk2, I’m newbie with the connectors and DP, I’m not sure if I can work with Mac OS Sierra and this old but useful Firewire system by Motu

SYSTEM
Mac Pro 4 cores Finally 2013 with a firewire adapter to thunderbolt and Mac os sierra 10.12.6 (im not sure if this system can work with my system, machine is working for config but i can not find the firewire panel in my mac and audio panel say not found unit.

MARANTZ AMPLIFIER
I can connect the marantz amplifier perfectly to the Cresta Kef speakers and send the signal to the headphone jack of the mac, I have connected the KEF speakers to the Speaker Systen 2 of the Marantz, and the headphone input of the minijack mac to the CD inputs of the Marantz.

MOTU MK 2
The 6.3 minijack connectors are connected to the Main out LR in the motu mk2, but I do not know where the other 2 minijack 6.3 connectors should connect, I guess you should disconnect the minijack that is in the headphone jack of the Mac pro and also disconnect the minijack that are in the headphone jack, I'm not sure, or I could swap for only THIS HIFI chain and connect the 6.3 of the motu main out to any of the Marantz inputs: phono, CD, tuner and aux.

ROLAND GI-20
last drivers were for mac os snow leopard 10.6 So I'm trying to configure it in merchant mode (supposedly it would benefit from the generic Core audio driver)
a jack 6.3 cable is connect to Guitar out of the GI-20 and the cable xlr male to the mic guitar I of the Motu mk2.

GODIN MULTIAC CLASSIC

This jewel that I have just purchased can be connected with 2 outputs at once: line sound and 17-pin MIDI plug, to acquire the sound of 2 amplifiers at the same time. For the moment it will be connected from the 13-pin MIDI cable to the MIDI input of the Roland GI-20.

Excuse my low knowledge of English

Thank you very much in advance

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk