preventing double audio output

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
johnthomaseindhoven
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

preventing double audio output

Post by johnthomaseindhoven »

Maybe a silly question..
Audio from my master keyboard (Roland RD-150) goes via first generation Traveler to an audio stereo channel in Logic Pro (10.3.2). There it is send to 'stereo out' To prevent double audio output (harsh!) I need to open the Cuemix FX 1.6 68717 app and set output analog 1-2 slider to '0' i.e. the bottom.
Is this standard procedure? I think the Traveler is operating now as a standalone decive AND as audio interface.
Best
John
HCMarkus

Re: preventing double audio output

Post by HCMarkus »

It sounds like you are monitoring the synth output through Logic and the Traveler CueMix app simultaneously. So, as you note, you can mute the CueMix channels to stop this. Or, if Logic allows it, you can turn off Input Monitoring in Logic and monitor via CueMix only.

CueMix should give you a lower latency result, as it is a hardware mixer not subject to computer-induced latency.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Unless you have to hear any effects in the Logic channel strips, you should be monitoring all your audio sources via Cuemix.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
johnthomaseindhoven

Post by johnthomaseindhoven »

HCMarkus wrote:It sounds like you are monitoring the synth output through Logic and the Traveler CueMix app simultaneously. So, as you note, you can mute the CueMix channels to stop this. Or, if Logic allows it, you can turn off Input Monitoring in Logic and monitor via CueMix only.
bayswater wrote:Unless you have to hear any effects in the Logic channel strips, you should be monitoring all your audio sources via Cuemix.
CueMix should give you a lower latency result, as it is a hardware mixer not subject to computer-induced latency.
Thanks HCMarkus & bayswater! Think that ('it sounds like' is exactly the presumption I tried to explain in my Dutch-English. For the moment I kind of like the Logic EQ. Plus, the latency is so little it doesn't bother me.
Which means that whenever I start up the system I need to go to Cuemix.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

johnthomaseindhoven wrote:Which means that whenever I start up the system I need to go to Cuemix.
If you change input sources and output destinations, you would have to go to Cuemix to set levels, etc, the same as would have to do with anything at the front end of your signal path. But otherwise, once you set Cuemix the way you want it, it will keep the settings, and there is no need to ever launch it. Note that if you have a few common Cuemix setups, you can save them as hardware presets. These can also be saved and loaded from the front panel (at least on they can on the MOTU units I have).
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8