Can't see Express 128 in Audio MIDI Setup and MIDI issues

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
lanstrad
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can't see Express 128 in Audio MIDI Setup and MIDI issues

Post by lanstrad »

Just performed a clean install of OSX 10.11.6 and reinstalled everything - including latest driver for MOTU MIDI Express 128. Yes system was restarted after installing driver.

Clockworks appears in Applications, as expected. However, if I go to Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers, should I expect to see something also there ? If so, it's empty !...)

However, I do not see the device when I launch Audio MIDI Setup (not the main issue if this is normal. I see the RME audio interface, as well as onboard audio. No reference to MIDI there).

Worst is - whether in Cubase or Pro Tools, none of my external MIDI devices (keyboards and modules) can be heard. I try to solo any of these, I see activity in the DAW meters, but nothing out. Also tried another USB slot, just in case.

The MOTU interface shows the rapid led blinking when a DAW is launched.

Only troubleshooting advice provided in MOTU manual is... ''assuming it's not cable issue, reinstall the f.... driver'' !!... Been there, done that... 5 times.

Seems like many have faced that in the past, several OSX versions too (back to 10.7...) Anything MOTU could eventually do better about it ?

What have I (maybe) missed ? :deadhorse:

Rob