8pre issues with Audacity.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
SaxBlaCussionIzer
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

8pre issues with Audacity.

Post by SaxBlaCussionIzer »

Hi-

A couple of questions maybe.

First, i am running macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and i have the old 8pre Firewire version (no USB) that is running CueMix 1.6.60625. I've been trying to find the answer to my next question by watching tutorials, but it seems that they are later versions with many more features that what my software seems to have. With the above hardware, is there any reason that i cannot upgrade to the most recent CueMix version? Maybe that will get me going.

The problem that i have is this, and i don't know if it is my incorrect configuration of CueMix or an Audacity issue, but i am simply trying to record into a microphone connected to Mic/Instrument 5 (and also 6, two mics in different positions) and i'm trying to route that input into Audacity. If i set the input channel in Audacity to 5, Audacity crashes immediately. If i set it to either 1 (Mono) or 2 (Stereo), Audacity does not receive a signal from the 8pre.

So, i'm trying to figure this out and trying to determine if i am doing something wrong in CueMix, or if this is an Audacity issue. Can anyone help me out?
thank you!
jim.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 8pre issues with Audacity.

Post by mikehalloran »

SaxBlaCussionIzer wrote:Hi-

A couple of questions maybe.

First, i am running macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and i have the old 8pre Firewire version (no USB) that is running CueMix 1.6.60625. I've been trying to find the answer to my next question by watching tutorials, but it seems that they are later versions with many more features that what my software seems to have. With the above hardware, is there any reason that i cannot upgrade to the most recent CueMix version? ...
So, i'm trying to figure this out and trying to determine if i am doing something wrong in CueMix, or if this is an Audacity issue. Can anyone help me out?
thank you!
jim.
CueMix is built into your hardware. In this case, you are limited to the version supported by your 8pre.

http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technot ... -is-cuemix
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
SaxBlaCussionIzer
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: 8pre issues with Audacity.

Post by SaxBlaCussionIzer »

Thanks, i was somewhat afraid of that. I am not sure what i would change about my setup then to fix my problem. From the CueMix angle, my options seem pretty limited.