Cuemix + Microbook II + Ableton Live 9

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
alexbatista
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Cuemix + Microbook II + Ableton Live 9

Post by alexbatista »

HI there!

I have a Microbook II, but I can't figure out how to setup it direct on Ableton Live 9.
I have a simple Focusrite and it works direct on Ableton, without a software like Cuemix. There is a way to use the Microbook direct on Ableton too?

If I mute the channels on CueMIx, there is no sound trough Ableton. I can see the monitoring, but there is not sound. The sound just come back when I unmute the AUX 1-2 on Cuemix.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your attention!

Best,
AB
travisvhagan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Cuemix + Microbook II + Ableton Live 9

Post by travisvhagan »

alexbatista wrote:HI there!

I have a Microbook II, but I can't figure out how to setup it direct on Ableton Live 9.
I have a simple Focusrite and it works direct on Ableton, without a software like Cuemix. There is a way to use the Microbook direct on Ableton too?

If I mute the channels on CueMIx, there is no sound trough Ableton. I can see the monitoring, but there is not sound. The sound just come back when I unmute the AUX 1-2 on Cuemix.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your attention!

Best,
AB
Hi AB,

Your findings are correct. The Microbook II treats Aux 1-2 as the "from computer" audio. This needs to be unmuted in order to hear playback from Ableton. This is a unique feature that gives you the ability to adjust the mix of computer audio vs. signals being monitored live.
Hope this helps!

Travis Hagan - MOTU Tech Support