UltraLite AVB doesn't work after computer sleeps

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
buzmeg
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

UltraLite AVB doesn't work after computer sleeps

Post by buzmeg »

I'm having some issues when using the an UltraLite AVB as an audio interface.

1) When the computer goes to sleep, I lose all communication with the UltraLite AVB. I have to completely reboot both the computer *and* the UltraLite AVB in order to reconnect.

2) In the MOTU Discovery app "Launch Mac Virtual Entity", I have 3 entries for "Thunderbolt Ethernet:en4". Why?

3) When I am connected to "http://ultralite-avb.local/#device" occasionally I have the entry next to "Input Stream 1" just sits there blinking forever. How do I fix that?

4) The UltraLite AVB is only connecting to the AVBSwitch at 100Mbps. Is that correct? Edit (can't seem to make strikethrough formatting): This is in the FAQ. :rtfm:

5) The "Clock Mode" is *REALLY* important. If it's set to "Mac System Clock" you get some absolutely *horrible* screeching audio artifacts about once every 3-5 minutes as the clocks come into and out of phase with one another.

6) Could we get some tutorial videos and/or screenshots for the UltraLite AVB? While the other AVB interfaces are similar, they're just different enough that the tutorials are more confusing than enlightening.

I presume that this is probably all related to a "heartbeat" of some form being exchanged between the computer, the UltraLite AVB and the AVBSwitch that doesn't recover. Presumably the allocation on the network for AVB/TSN never gets reallocated. How do I hunt this down?

Thanks.

System Information:
Apple Inc. MacBookPro12,1 f55c89b717738000 Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G1421) 1.1.0+71169

Configuration:
OS X 10.11.6 (15G1421)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

UltraLite AVB and AVBSwitch both on latest firmware.