4Pre and Mac OS Sierra 10.12,4

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Ben@work
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

4Pre and Mac OS Sierra 10.12,4

Post by Ben@work »

Hello, I've just installed the audio driver from Motu: MOTU Audio Installer 1.6 (71459) on my new Mac mini (Mac OS 10.12.4) and it doesn't run very well... Sound from the 4PRE is cutting every second.
Any suggestions from members?
Best regards
Ben
travisvhagan

Re: 4Pre and Mac OS Sierra 10.12,4

Post by travisvhagan »

Hi Ben@work,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting this device up and running.
How do you have the 4Pre connected to your computer? Are you using the USB or Firewire connection? If you haven't already done so, please make sure you're running the 4pre on its internal clock. This setting can be made in the MOTU Audio Setup application. While you're in there, it would be good to verify that you are running the device on the latest firmware. The correct version is 1.03. Updates can be downloaded from Motu.com/download

Feel free to get in touch with Tech Support here at MOTU if you have any further questions. We can be reached Mon - Fri 9am to 6pm EST.
Phone: 617.576.3066

Best,

Travis Hagan - MOTU Tech Support
Ben@work

Post by Ben@work »

Hi Travis, thx for your reply...
Clock is ok and usb plugged (firewire doesn't t work since El Capitan).
I try to update the 4PRE , but the file from MOTU looks "damaged".(it s doesn't run on my Mac, the error message is on screen: file is damaged).
:smash:
Ben@work

Post by Ben@work »

" 4PRE Updater is damaged and cannot be opened. You should place this element into the trash "
Ben@work

Post by Ben@work »

So for People who will find this post later...
I finally did the update of the card's firmware on my old Mac G4 and... it s not running very well , now the sound is cutting every 5 seconds...