Motu 828 MK2 FW gets detected but cuemix crashs

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
modest
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motu 828 MK2 FW gets detected but cuemix crashs

Post by modest »

hey guys,

i m really going crazy about my new 828mk2 fw for my mbp late 11.

As prolog: i got before an ultralite mk1 fw witch ran very well with my mbp on yosemite and el capitan as well via an fw 400 6pol to fw 800 cable in to my computer. cue mix worked, detection as well an live9. thought about to get the 828 for the rack and got rid of the ultralite

main: got the 828, set it up, plugged everything into and i started my usual way to go. first it got surpringsly detected from the audio setup at launch and i thought like genius. but then i started cuemix and got freezed. cuemix and motu audio setup aswell (before i were able to change the clock and default main ins outs etc.). so turned of everything, try again, same but after some trys i were able to launch cue mix an set the paar settings or balance stuff like this and control the volumes.. but the volumes were instantly reseted to zero. after that i installed new drivers on my mac (el cap) and tried it with a restart but it didnt worked, this time i werent able to get into cuemix. so installed new sierra and tried same drivers. same.

thats all. it gets detected, im able to choose the inputs in ableton for example but when it gets to output device it get freezed and cue mix is basically not working and is going to freeze everything with is in contact with the 828. i m able to change the clock and these other settings but cant get any volume into my mac at least.

so i m very confused and frustrated. i've read about the way to get a fw 400 400 cable and the apple thunderbolt fw adapter.. - could be this a solution? dont want to spend 50 bucks for all without any progress.. any ideas ? or experiences with that? thanks!