1248 routing/matrix problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
laurentius
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

1248 routing/matrix problem

Post by laurentius »

I am having some problems with routing my 1248 in conjunction with my DAW (Ableton).
Let's say I have mic1 routed to "to computer 1" and I wanna use the Motu internal eq and compressor. On my input in Ableton changes are not audible (except for mic gain). Only if I route the mic1 to an aux and then the aux to "computer 1" an eq or compressor becomes effective. Is there no workaround without using aux's?
travisvhagan

Re: 1248 routing/matrix problem

Post by travisvhagan »

laurentius wrote:I am having some problems with routing my 1248 in conjunction with my DAW (Ableton).
Let's say I have mic1 routed to "to computer 1" and I wanna use the Motu internal eq and compressor. On my input in Ableton changes are not audible (except for mic gain). Only if I route the mic1 to an aux and then the aux to "computer 1" an eq or compressor becomes effective. Is there no workaround without using aux's?
Hi Laurentius,

This can absolutely be done. All you need to do is route any signals to be processed by the on board DSP to the "Mix In" channels and route the "Mix Post FX" back "To Computer". You'll need to make any level and DSP related adjustments in the mixer, of course. This can absolutely be done with Auxes as well, but it's most simply done with "Mix Post FX".
Hope this helps!

Travis - MOTU Tech Support
laurentius

Re: 1248 routing/matrix problem

Post by laurentius »

Oh thanks soooo much!
I never thought of that ;-)