MIDI Express USB Old Led shine weird

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
ptrzoo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI Express USB Old Led shine weird

Post by ptrzoo »

Hi everybody,
I´m very fresh in the forum, just registered few minutes ago, but I´m using this MIDI Express XT usb old version since 10 years and I didn´t have any problem with it except for this I´m approaching to explain.
I´m using it as patchbay, so no usb connection just MIDI cables, but since a while it started to have 2 LED lights always on. They are the second IN and the LIVE KEYBOARD lights.
I´ve tried the panic button but it does´t change anything.
Is enybody familiar whit this? I´m pretty much concerned about because it´s not affecting the performances of the card and I´m always waiting for the judgment day when the card is gonna stop working for good.
I´ve searched on the net everywhere I could without success and I have no idea what is could be.
Maybe someone can help me here sharing your own experience I hope :) .
Thank you very much in advance
Best regards and have a good day :)

ptrzoo
mikehalloran

Re: MIDI Express USB Old Led shine weird

Post by mikehalloran »

You should reset to factory specs. I don't have the link handy but it's easily found.

How long since the CR2032 memory settings battery was changed?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

Re: MIDI Express USB Old Led shine weird

Post by mikehalloran »

Reset to factory defaults:

MIDI Express XT: Power the unit off. Hold the Panic button down while powering the unit back on. After the boot is finished, let go of the Panic button.

http://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/reset
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro