Can CueMix levels be controlled with sliders via MIDI?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Can CueMix levels be controlled with sliders via MIDI?

Post by terrybritton »

apanacci wrote:I have actually 2 MCU controllers. An older one and a newer one. I tried hooking up the old one for CueMix and the newer one for ProTools. As soon as I select the newer one in ProTools the MKIII goes nuts! The older MCU is connected via MIDI to the MKIII and the newer one is connected thru its USB port to my MAC. When I try that configuration in DP , both the MCU,s control CueMix. I cannot seem to separate them. I have tried different MIDI channels for the controllers, does not work.
I read on a truly ancient thread here that if you use USB for both BCF2000 units, then it is easy to have CueMix treat them as two separate control surfaces. For some reason daisy-chaining via the 5-pin DIN does not work.

Terry
Last edited by terrybritton on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
FrankM
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Can CueMix levels be controlled with sliders via MIDI?

Post by FrankM »

Coming in late to this thread but the answer to the original question is YES, with a program like Max or Bidule that can map MIDI controller data to OSC addresses. I use a MicroBook IIc to send my keys rig to FOH and I use its headphone out for my in-ears. I've mapped knobs on my Roland MIDI controller to work CueMix and mix the in-ears. Much better than having an iPhone or iPad on my keyboard, IMO. I use Bidule – as of this writing, you can download a fully-functioning demo that will work for about two weeks.