PCI-E card not syncing with protools

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
EddieRivas
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

PCI-E card not syncing with protools

Post by EddieRivas »

I hope this is the correct place to post this.
So we had the power suddenly go out and during a session last night. It quickly came back on but now ProTools (10) won't recognize my 24io that I'm running with a PCI-E card.

The 24io is fine, I was able to pull out my G5 with DP5 from storage that still has the PCI-X(I think that's what is in there) and finish the session using DP.

The card does show up in the system report as PCI1317a,5.

In PCI Audio Set up I can configure the card but in protools once I get into the I/O settings that doesn't seem to see the card.

Any help you guys can offer I'd really appreciate.

Thanks,
Eddie
Power Mac 2.66 dual core
10GB RAM
MOTU 24io
Protools 10
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: PCI-E card not syncing with protools

Post by mikehalloran »

Do a Safe Boot. Shut down, power up with the Shift key held down, log in when you get to that screen. When done, shut down and Boot normally. This rebuilds paths and resets caches.

Reset the NV RAM (PRAM). This resets many parameters, hardware and software.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro