MOTU TRAVELLER MK3 - I need help about internal connections

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
cfors
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MOTU TRAVELLER MK3 - I need help about internal connections

Post by cfors »

I bought a MOTU MK3 TRAVELLER used and defective. The defect was not serious: two broken encoder which I replaced. But opening it I saw that someone had already tried to fix it and left detached the front panel connectors from the main board. Reconnecting the flat cable connectors, however, I saw that there is a single wire that starts from the front circuit with a female pin that will probably be connected to the male connector near the flat cable off the motherboard but do not know which male pin. To avoid doing harm anyone knows where it goes connected or has an Traveller MK3 interior photos where I can see well the connectors? Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Nullistic
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: MOTU TRAVELLER MK3 - I need help about internal connect

Post by Nullistic »

Hey there, I'm not sure if you have already fixed this issue, but I myself own a Motu Traveler mk3 which I opened myself to fix. I see the cable you are speaking of! It is one single lead that goes from the front panel to a pin on the board. There is a 14-pin connector towards the front (7 pins left to right, 7 pins underneath), it should be empty in your case. The one single cable connects to the top 5th pin. I will try to post my picture if it lets me. Good luck, and let me know if you fixed your interface! I'm very curious.

Cheers

http://4.1m.yt/MrnbcWA.jpg