No MIDI Clock being sent from DP3 + MidiExpre

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
part12studios
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

No MIDI Clock being sent from DP3 + MidiExpre

Post by part12studios »

Hi there,

I have a G4 Sawtooth running OS9 and DP 3.02 (going to apply the 3.11 patch soon)..

I have it setup successfully with x2 MTP (networked 16 in/ 16 out) + MidiExpress XT

All of this is working very well.. super excited.. but i noticed a distinct lack of any MIDI Clock going to various devices.. I'm using FreeMIDI with DP3.. and I really like it.. and i've setup the

Also for troubleshooting I setup a MIDI Express XT only configuration where only one device was in/out on 1 (an Akai MPK25) and another device was in/out on 2 (MiniBrute) the device has no settings it just detects clock and responds.. and I've tested the MiniBrute with a drum machine so i know the clock stuff works.

The MPK25 also has a built in arpeggiator (that transmits notes) and I now this works when I had it setup with my Amiga 1200 sending MIDI clock. So yea just seems like something is simply "off" and I don't know what it could be. I looked at the DP manual but it seems to focus almost entirely on it syncing with other devices.. not how to set it up to be the master.. probably meant to be the default.. and "just work" but for me it's not..

here is one odd thing that maybe someone else can validate.. the options "Basic / Transmit sync" doesn't do anything except on occasion crash it.. or pop up another screen (see screenshots below)..

MIDI clock syncing is really important to me so I gotta figure this out and any help you could offer would be much appreciated! :)

Sincerely,
Caleb
Martini Hill

Re: No MIDI Clock being sent from DP3 + MidiExpre

Post by Martini Hill »

Ahhh. The good old days. Reminds me of my Audio Desk/OS 9 setup. Sorry, I have nothing to add. There are some really smart and good folks here that should be able to help. J

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.
part12studios

Re: No MIDI Clock being sent from DP3 + MidiExpre

Post by part12studios »

I'm in the process of reinstalling OS9 from scratch and reinstalling DP3 again, but yea can anyone else here confirm (screenshot would be great!) what happens when you click:

Basic -
Transmit Sync...

I get nothing but a grayed out bar across the top till i hit escape.. it's like it's appearing but invisible.. so strange.