Ultralite Headphones Not Working

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Dbones
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ultralite Headphones Not Working

Post by Dbones »

Hello,
I have the first version of the Ultralite and all of a sudden I don't get any sound out of the phones anymore. Not sure if something got set or the upgrade to El Capitan did it. They worked before the upgrade. I can get sound out of them if I go into the cuemix console and set them to follow active mix in the phones menu but only out of one side. I have tried everything I can think of. Any help would be appreciated. TIA!
reedster

Re: Ultralite Headphones Not Working

Post by reedster »

Have you rerun the latest MOTU Audio Installer?
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

You might try a reset to default.

8Pre:
Disconnect unit from computer. Hold in the Volume knob in for 5 seconds. You should first see the clock light blink, then the first LED for Analog input 1 or 2, then you will see a "D?". Turn the Volume knob to the right until the LED display reads "OK". Unit is reset.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Dbones

Post by Dbones »

reedster wrote:Have you rerun the latest MOTU Audio Installer?
Yes I did. I was hoping there would be a new driver maybe to fix it. I see another post about resetting to factory defaults. I was thinking this as well. I will get back
Dbones

Post by Dbones »

mikehalloran wrote:You might try a reset to default.

8Pre:
Disconnect unit from computer. Hold in the Volume knob in for 5 seconds. You should first see the clock light blink, then the first LED for Analog input 1 or 2, then you will see a "D?". Turn the Volume knob to the right until the LED display reads "OK". Unit is reset.
I was thinking this same thing. I will try and let you know. But I need to find out how to do it on the ultralite. Thanks
Dbones

Post by Dbones »

did the reset to defaults and still doesn't work. Don't even get sound out of them when following active mix now. Hmmm. I'm going to try to run it standalone with a mic in it and see what happens
Dbones

Post by Dbones »

got it..Resetting to factory did it after disconnecting from computer and back in. Thanks for the help guys!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Dbones wrote:got it..Resetting to factory did it after disconnecting from computer and back in. Thanks for the help guys!
Great!

Glad you didn't wait for me. I shouldn't post such things before I've had coffee.

Anyway, for anyone else reading, all default reset instructions are found at this link:

http://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/reset
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro