UltraLite mk3 Hybrid. Installed v1.06, Meter 44 now flashing

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Manachi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

UltraLite mk3 Hybrid. Installed v1.06, Meter 44 now flashing

Post by Manachi »

Hi All,

After having many problems with my old Motu UltraLite, it eventually broke, and I sent it off and got a replacement "Hybrid" model.

When connecting this to my Macbook Pro 2012 Retina model, I've been getting noise and hissing and very unstable behaviour. So I followed the instructions to update the firmware, hoping it might hep things. I installed firmware v1.06, and the install appeared to work ok, but now when it turns on it shows Meter 44, with the "44" flashing continuously. No sound is coming out.

Is this a hardware fault? Did installing firmware onto my device break it?

I then tried to reset it to factory defaults. It still seems to load with "v1.06", and the 44 is still flashing.

Is there any way I can revert to my prior v1.03 firmware? or do a more full reset? Any suggestions? It would be a crying shame if this is the second unit to die on me, this one has had a grand total of probably 5 minutes play time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: UltraLite mk3 Hybrid. Installed v1.06, Meter 44 now flas

Post by terrybritton »

Go into the Motu Audio Console and check that you do have it set to internal sync (or set that up from the front panel if you can find the window). It sounds like it cannot find a device it is trying to sync to.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
banditblack
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: UltraLite mk3 Hybrid. Installed v1.06, Meter 44 now flas

Post by banditblack »

Looked this up...cause I'm having the exact same problem, same error code. Sent it back to Motu...just got it back and it's doing the same thing. I've sent in a tech link...but looking for help here.