828mk3 ableton external instrument problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
gezrees
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

828mk3 ableton external instrument problem

Post by gezrees »

Hi

I am trying to get the Motu to work with Ableton 9 and my Nord Rack 2 as an external instrument coming in through the analog ins. I don't have any appropriate XLR leads so I have used analog outputs 1-2 as my main outs. After some playing around I can now get the sound out of ableton playing fine (If I set my master outs to 3-4 for some reason). However I can't any sound out of the Nord Rack. It is connected into the Analog inputs 5-6 and I can see signal coming in to the Motu unit on the display on those channels however I can't get any sound out of the outputs even though I've set up an external instrument in ableton. Is this because I need to have the XLR outs? Help please. This may be simple but previously I was using an Apogee duet which was a doodle to set up.

Cheers
Geraint
gezrees
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828mk3 ableton external instrument problem

Post by gezrees »

Help any offers? Stuck with signal going in from line ins but zero output. I can only hear the audio from the DAW not from any external hardware plugged in...