Feature Request 1248 AVB

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
nbz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Feature Request 1248 AVB

Post by nbz »

Where does one post feature requests for the Motu 1248 AVB interface?

I own a 1248 interface. I am overall happy with the interface, but would really like som more mixing flexibility. i.e.:
  • Choose for each AUX and GROUP, wether it should be an AUX or an GROUP. I don't mind the possible penalty there would be in not having the Leveler in AUX mode (but would be nice with ordinary "dynamics block/Compressor")
  • Insert External equipment on the Reverb BUS. The Onboard reverb is ok, but sometimes i use my TC Helicon Voicelive rack, where left channel is the Vocal FX, and the Right channel is reverb only - and since DSP is sparse on the 1248 in 96Khz, i'd really appreciate it.
  • Using any I/O as an Insert in any BUS. (As mentioned with the above request around Reverb). I.e. i'd like to insert my TC Electronic Finalizer 96K in the audio path for main out, thus using the TC Electronic Finalizer 96K as multi band compressor/Limiter, but using my MOTU1248 converters and volume management, going into the analog domain.
  • Being able to route both computer/AVB out to any output, together with any mixing channel, so i.e. can have individual zero latency mix onboard, together with individual onboard mixes, going out to individual monitor/headphones. For instance, using headphones at 5 live band musicians, having the each own individual mix, and at the same time playing back to earlier recordings on computer, where each musician, wants different feeds in there monitor mix. BTW. It was possible on both my old 828MKIII Hybrid and on my 896MKIII, in Cuemix FX, where the output summed the signal from the computer, together each mix bus output.

I hope what i write make sense :D

Best Regards
Nicolai :-)
mikehalloran

Re: Feature Request 1248 AVB

Post by mikehalloran »

You will find the link to the MOTU Suggestion Box here:

http://www.motu.com/other/feedback
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
dix

Post by dix »

I have a friend that does major sound installations in large venues but is about to return his 1248 because there's no time delay feature and no way to insert one - not in any of the new AVB i/os. Without time delay there's no way to compensate for the distance between speakers in large spaces. Hard to believe MOTU overlooked this.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
nbz

Post by nbz »

mikehalloran wrote:You will find the link to the MOTU Suggestion Box here:

THX!! I kind f gave up on the Motu website, because i had to register the serial number of my 1248, if i where to contact tech support - And of course the serial number is on the bottom of the unit. And the unit is hooked op with lots of short wired connection, making it a damn hazel to get it out of the rack, just to look at at number..

This was exactly what i was looking for :-)

Nicolai
nbz

Post by nbz »

nbz wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:You will find the link to the MOTU Suggestion Box here:

THX!! I kind f gave up on the Motu website, because i had to register the serial number of my 1248, if i where to contact tech support - And of course the serial number is on the bottom of the unit. And the unit is hooked op with lots of short wired connection, making it a damn hazel to get it out of the rack, just to look at at number..

This was exactly what i was looking for :-)

Nicolai
Well, I posted the suggestion on above link, but my fears where correct. I didn't get any feedback on the suggestions, so from my perspective, i've just wasted my time. Most likely no one is reading the mail - and if there is, then why no response?

What a waste.. :cry:
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

nbz wrote:why no response?
Probably because it's a suggestion box. That's generally how they work.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
nbz

Post by nbz »

bayswater wrote:
nbz wrote:why no response?
Probably because it's a suggestion box. That's generally how they work.

Not even an automated mail saying "Thank You for your suggestion"...
janzoulou
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by janzoulou »

nbz wrote: [*]Being able to route both computer/AVB out to any output, together with any mixing channel, so i.e. can have individual zero latency mix onboard, together with individual onboard mixes, going out to individual monitor/headphones. For instance, using headphones at 5 live band musicians, having the each own individual mix, and at the same time playing back to earlier recordings on computer, where each musician, wants different feeds in there monitor mix. BTW. It was possible on both my old 828MKIII Hybrid and on my 896MKIII, in Cuemix FX, where the output summed the signal from the computer, together each mix bus output.[/list]
EXACTLY!!! This is my request also. Did you send it to the suggestion box?

At the moment it is a nightmare to do HP - Mixes when overdubbing into bigger sessions with external summing... (mixer or summing-box).

I will send this to the suggestion box. At the moment I regret buying my items (112D & 24o) and dropping my 3 2408mK-3´s.
Mac Pro, quad core, 3.7, 32Gig Ram OSX 10.10.5 AVB, 112D & 24o, 3X RME Adi 8 QRS, UAD 2, Analog gear...
http://www.fonojet.com