MOTU Audio Installer problem?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
mjc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MOTU Audio Installer problem?

Post by mjc »

Anyone having a problem with the latest Audio Installer update (Feb 11 2016)? I'm running my system with one 828 III hybrid, one 828 II FW and an A&H Zed R16 FireWire mixer which is daisy chained into the 828 hybrid. I have these set up as an aggregate device, with the A&H mixer as the system default I/O device. All worked well until I updated the MOTU Audio Installer last week. Now my Mac Pro does not see any FW devices. I changed cables and ports to no effect. I did get the 828 hybrid working with FW disconnected and a USB connection. I also get the A&H mixer to be recognised in Audio MIDI Setup by connecting it directly to the Mac Pro, but it was still invisible in Sytem Settings. In this configuration, both the 828 hybrid and the A&H played back perfectly. The 828 II remained unloved! The Mac Pro reports no problems with the two FireWire busses (one is an expansion card), but as both MOTU devices remained invisible when connected by FW, but the A&H did not, then I'm thinking the MOTU software update has caused a problem. I'll try an NVRAM reset as recommended by Mike Halloran, and report back, but any thoughts would be welcomed.
Mac Pro 2 x 2.4Ghz Quad Core, 14GB RAM, OSX 10.10.4, DP9.0 MachFive3, BFD3, Logic Pro X, 828MkII1, MTP AV, Mackie MC, A&H Zed 16R, POD X3 Korg SG pro X, 2 many guitars & amps
mjc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MOTU Audio Installer problem?

Post by mjc »

Just remembered that the configuration software for the A&H mixer crashed if the FW cable was daisy chained, but was fine as soon as connected directly. This was new, so again points to a problem in the MOTU area.

Mike
Mac Pro 2 x 2.4Ghz Quad Core, 14GB RAM, OSX 10.10.4, DP9.0 MachFive3, BFD3, Logic Pro X, 828MkII1, MTP AV, Mackie MC, A&H Zed 16R, POD X3 Korg SG pro X, 2 many guitars & amps