Problems with 8Pre and CueMix

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Fabiolous
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Problems with 8Pre and CueMix

Post by Fabiolous »

I got a Motu 8pre and I am running El capitan.
I installed the legacy driver and I got CueMix installed as well.
PROBLEM 1 : When I try to control the volume from the front panel in the Motu I get nothing If I dont use CueMix, for example, if the channel one in cuemix is half way even when i turn all the motu fron pannel channel one volume down i keep on hearing the channel, is like the motu unit volumes are useless.
I want to control the volume of the channels from the MOTU not from cuemix.
Any clues?

PROBLEM 2: when i use Logic X, I get an horrible flanger sound on one channel, Moru 8pre works perfectly with my mac general sound but in logic X is like something is wrong.
Any clues?

thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HCMarkus

Re: Problems with 8Pre and CueMix

Post by HCMarkus »

Non-reposnive control: I'm thinking you may be adjusting the level of inputs on mix that is not the mix you are monitoring... in other words, you are changing fader that is feeding a mix bus other than the buss feeding your monitor speakers.

Flanging: sounds like you have parallel signal paths slightly out of phase, likely due to monitoring both input thru Cue Mix and thru Logic at the same time. Turn down that channels fader in Cue Mix or turn off input monitoring in Logic
Fabiolous

Post by Fabiolous »

Hi Markus!

Can I use the 8pre without cuemix installed?
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Fabiolous wrote:Hi Markus!

Can I use the 8pre without cuemix installed?
Maybe, but why? CueMix works great and is much easier to use than the front panel controls.
Fabiolous

Post by Fabiolous »

I dont want to use software to control my analog modules volume is the reason i got the 8pre with knobs on the front
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Tomas E »

Fabiolous wrote:I got a Motu 8pre and I am running El capitan.
I installed the legacy driver and I got CueMix installed as well.
PROBLEM 1 : When I try to control the volume from the front panel in the Motu I get nothing If I dont use CueMix, for example, if the channel one in cuemix is half way even when i turn all the motu fron pannel channel one volume down i keep on hearing the channel, is like the motu unit volumes are useless.
I want to control the volume of the channels from the MOTU not from cuemix.
Any clues?

thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you accidentally pushed the volume button? It toggles between phones and speakers.