MOTU MTPAV USB reset

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
musicman691

MOTU MTPAV USB reset

Post by musicman691 »

Is there or should there be any difference between resetting the MTPAVUSB via Clockworks and the hard reset (holding down the panic button when powering up the unit)? Just went through a couple of days of weirdness with my unit; replaced the battery, reset it via Clockworks, reloaded my previously saved config file. Still had issues with a couple of the presets. But once I did the hard reset and reloaded that same config file all presets worked okay.

BTW the CR2025 battery fits and works just fine; I didn't have a CR2032 on hand. No one around here has one and no Radio Shack in the area anymore. I know the current on the CR2025 is less but for now the unit is working no problem.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MOTU MTPAV USB reset

Post by mikehalloran »

I didn't have a CR2032 on hand
Every drug and hardware store carries the CR2032.

The makers of my medical meters caution against using the generic versions, insisting that one use Eveready, Duracell or Panasonic.

I buy singles from the hardware store for $3.31 because Wallgreens wants a buck more. Online, they can be had for less. 5 and 10 packs are available, too.

It is the battery in nearly all diabetes monitors, my Toyota keys, many pieces of test equipment and so on.

The BR2032 is hard to find—not even Fry's carries it. You'd think that, with Apple being in the neighborhood, this wouldn't be true. I buy Panasonic BR2032 in three packs for $8 from Amazon—a lot less than singles from the Apple store in the mall. The BR has a slightly lower output than the CR but has wider heat range which is why Apple insists on it for the 2011+ iMac and 2013+ Mac Pro.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

mikehalloran wrote:
I didn't have a CR2032 on hand
Every drug and hardware store carries the CR2032.
Maybe but not here at least when I needed one. CVS, Wallgreens, Ace - zip/zilch/nada. The battery is/was a minor issue compared to the rest of what happened which you conveniently ignored.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

That I didn't address an doesn't mean I ignored it. I'm glad that a CR2025 worked for you. Since it is smaller and thinner, it's not a given that it would make adequate contact in the holder. The initial output is the same but it won't last as long.

I had to buy a CR2025 two weeks ago for my wife's pedometer. I tried three stores before I found one in stock. The holder was too small for the 2032.

If you really think that nobody carries the ubiquitous medical device battery... really, I have no response to that.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

mikehalloran wrote:That I didn't address an doesn't mean I ignored it. I'm glad that a CR2025 worked for you. Since it is smaller and thinner, it's not a given that it would make adequate contact in the holder. The initial output is the same but it won't last as long.

I had to buy a CR2025 two weeks ago for my wife's pedometer. I tried three stores before I found one in stock. The holder was too small for the 2032.

If you really think that nobody carries the ubiquitous medical device battery... really, I have no response to that.
Whatever dude, whatever. More help from you I don't need if it's like this.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Ummm... you know... Mike was trying to be helpful and it was you who brought the attitude here I think. The batteries he's talking about aren't uncommon... try Amazon if you need to. Generally, it's always seemed to me a hard reset on the device can often clear things that you're not going to be able to via software. Anyway, it seems as if your unit is working now. Problem solved. Thread closed.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!