Track 16 analog out confusion

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Track 16 analog out confusion

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

It's a long holiday weekend. Many places are closed Friday to Tuesday. I'm certain MOTU is one if them.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
reedster

Post by reedster »

To reset Track16: Hold down the MAIN and LINE OUT buttons for 2 seconds. The LED lights will display the letter "D". Once this letter disappears, your unit is reset.

Did you ensure all the gear is plugged into the same AC source?
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
rpage

Post by rpage »

I got the line out buzzing problem fixed. I tried running track 16 off wall-wart power, moved it and tried a fourth set of 1/4" unbalanced cables. I don't know which of those things fixed it but it's fixed. Sounds great!

Last think I need is to figure out how to mirror the main outs to the line outs. Its probably some setting in Cuemix FX but damned if I can figure it out. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

In Cuemix, you can create a mix for each of the physical output pairs, and route any inputs to each mix. Fine for mixing the device ins to the device outs. But if you're using this to monitor output from the DAW, better to do it there. In DP, for example you could bus all your outputs to an Aux channel which then outputs to one set of physical outputs, then use sends from the Aux to bus the same signal to the other set of outputs. Same as you'd do to set up a headphone mix.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8