Enable core audio volume control: Inputs problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
fred
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Enable core audio volume control: Inputs problem

Post by fred »

Hi all,
when i check the "Enable core audio volume control" on MOTU setup of my 896mk3, only the outputs are editable from OSX Audio/MIDI setup (Core Audio) BUT it's not the same in the Inputs TAB. The inputs controls are blocked and I can't move the faders or mute/unmute.

Is it normal? Is there any way to make the Inputs editable as the Outputs in Core Audio/MIDI Setup?

This problem is causing me a compatibility issue with an app I'm using (Bandhub) that seems to work only with inputs that are editable from Core Audio/MIDI Setup.

Thank you for your help! Any suggestion would be appreciated. :D

Fede
microtonal

Re: Enable core audio volume control: Inputs problem

Post by microtonal »

I have the same limitation in my setup. With Core Audio Volume Controls enabled, only the outputs are controllable from OSX AUDIO MIDI Setup. It seems like the behavior is normal.

Are you able to adjust inputs at your application? That is where I normally do it.
fred

Re: Enable core audio volume control: Inputs problem

Post by fred »

microtonal wrote: Are you able to adjust inputs at your application? That is where I normally do it.
Thank you for taking part. No, unfortunately the fader in the application is "greyed out" and I can't move it. Insted, if I use another interface (PodXTLive) and select its inputs in the application, the fader gets usable (as in CoreAudio controls).