MOTU 112D and Pro Tools 11

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
baughb
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MOTU 112D and Pro Tools 11

Post by baughb »

My MOTU 112D when using PT11 puts out horrible sounds. I've scoured the I/O on PT because of the multiple, unassigned outputs and have removed ALL the outputs on the 112D except for the two (AES 1&2) that I want to monitor. Still, I get this noise, multi-layered, distorted track playback from an established clean track. (plays clean in Audiodesk using 112D)

1. What is the optimum routing in the MOTU control audio interface preset for it to work even close to properly?

2. It doesn't work with the UA 8P plugged in either (how much cash did I waste?).

3.What the heck?

Bob
OS 10.10.5 Mac Mini (late 2014) 2.6ghz i5 8ghz ram, UA Apollo8P, MOTU 112D, Izotope RX5, PT11, Audiodesk 4, Plouge Bidule.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MOTU 112D and Pro Tools 11

Post by HCMarkus »

Call MOTU helpline and work through your issues and/or check out the Gearslutz thread on MOTU AVB… MOTU's Mr. Miller has been a regular there and is helping out folks with troubles. Based on your other thread about buffer size (12??? 16????), sounds like you need a little assistance in getting the basic setup together
musicman691

Re: MOTU 112D and Pro Tools 11

Post by musicman691 »

baughb wrote:My MOTU 112D when using PT11 puts out horrible sounds. I've scoured the I/O on PT because of the multiple, unassigned outputs and have removed ALL the outputs on the 112D except for the two (AES 1&2) that I want to monitor. Still, I get this noise, multi-layered, distorted track playback from an established clean track. (plays clean in Audiodesk using 112D)

1. What is the optimum routing in the MOTU control audio interface preset for it to work even close to properly?

2. It doesn't work with the UA 8P plugged in either (how much cash did I waste?).

3.What the heck?

Bob
What exact version of PT11 do you have? The only one known to be approved for the latest version of Yosemite is PT11.3.2. Also you may have a clocking issue going on. Time to read up on the manuals and such.