Motu HD192 with external clock Apogee BigBen

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
colluraamara
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motu HD192 with external clock Apogee BigBen

Post by colluraamara »

Hi, I am using a Pcie 424 system with two HD192. They are great!
So, I am using an external clock generator, the Apogee Big Ben.
So, in Motu audio setup and in Pcie configuration I set the clock parameter in "Hd192 Word Clock In", and all in the core audio system works fully for all time.
But when I switch off my Mac Pro, and switch on the next day for a new session in studio, the parameter of the Clock source in Motu audio setup and in Pcie configuration is reset automatically in "Internal", so any time I switch on the Mac Pro I have to set everytime the clockin "Word clock In".
Why there is this problem? Anyone had this same problems with Pcie424 and HD192, using an external clock?
I'm working with a MacPro 5.1, OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 and Logic Pro 9/Logic X.
Thank you very much, greetings.
Mac Pro 5.1(2010), Intel Xeon 2.8 Ghz, 12 Gb Ram, 1Tb Hd, OsX Mavericks 10.9.5; Motu Pcie424 with two HD192, Motu MTP Av Usb, Apogee BigBen, Soundcraft 600/500M Custom; Logic Pro 9.1.8, Logic X; MacMini (late 2009), Core 2 Duo 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb Hd, OsX Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
fokof
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Motu HD192 with external clock Apogee BigBen

Post by fokof »

I have that exact setup too (HD192 + BigBen )
It's normal , each time you boot , the default value is Internal clock , you have to switch it.

No big deal.....