MICROBOOK II + EL CAPTAIN 10.11.2

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
alexbatista
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MICROBOOK II + EL CAPTAIN 10.11.2

Post by alexbatista »

Hello there!

I would like to know if someone can help me in someway.
In advanced I would like to ask apologies about my english, sorry for that.

I'm not a professional musician, I just take my music like a hobby, so, sorry if my doubts are dumb.
For the last couples years I just play with Ableton and Ableton Push controller.

Last month I bought a Teenage Engineering OP-1 and then I discover that I will need an audio interface to play with it on my DAW. First I bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo, and for the start it works fine, but then I got a Eventide Space stompbox and discover that I could make a reamp for my DAW. I realised that my Focusrite wasn't enough to use for reamp and researching I discover MOTU MICROBOOK II, so I bought it. Then my "problems" started.

Obvious is not fault of my MICROBOOK II, but when I bought it, I already had upgraded my MacBook AIR, so I discover that the driver for El Captaind was still beta.

I'm trying to use the MICROBOOK II on El Captain, sometimes it works fine, sometimes don't. So my doubt is, if the problems that I have is just because the driver is still beta, or can have some hardware issues. I have afraid about hardware issues just because it can be a nightmare.

I will describe what happen and what not happen when I plug my MICROBOOK II, if you someone knows if this is "normal" on El Captain tell me just to know.

Most of the time when I plug my MICROBOOK II it won't appear like a option on sound options and the CUEMIX FX don't recognizes it, so nothing happens. Sometimes I plug it with my MacBook Air off, sometimes I turn on the laptop and plug it. Both ways in the most of times works equal, it don't recognises and nothing happens. All lights on the interfaces blinks when I plug it, the volume lights keeps on but nothing happens.

Then I start trying to re-install the drivers, then from nothing after I finish the installation and the laptop restart the MICROBOOK II appear and start to working fine. Then I use for a while, turn the laptop off, then I turn it on again and the MICROBOOK II was not working anymore. So in the majority time the MICROBOOK II not works on my MacBook Air.

Sometimes when I plug it and it is working normal, after a few minutes (maybe 20" or 30") it stopped to work, have a few of feedback then everything crashes, even the Macbook Air.

I have another laptop with Yosemite and my parents have and old Imac maybe with Snow Leopard (I don't know exactly) and the MICROBOOK II sometimes appear, sometimes don't, for this reason I was afraid to be a hardware issue, assuming that in Yosemite should be works normal, am I right?

Hope someone can give me a light here, I liked MICROBOOK II very much, much more than my Focusrite. I tried to find a thread about MICROBOOK II and El Captain, but none that I found solve my doubts.

Just to you know my specs,

MacBook Air 11"
1.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

I believe my MICROBOOK II is up to date, someday I could update the firmware.

Thanks in advanced and again, sorry for my english.

Thanks a lot!
Alex Batista