MOTU ultralite mk3 hybrid firewire and output problems

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
UnderOath777
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MOTU ultralite mk3 hybrid firewire and output problems

Post by UnderOath777 »

Hello, i purchased this card on amazon and it was used. But first problem that i saw, when connect via firewire, card are disconnected when i touched firewire cable near connector of card (i try many cables, but problem the same) so i try use this card via USB, and after 30 minutes of use this card i noticed outputs problems.... the sound disappears and then appears. It's very big problem for me, cuz i used this card for live performance((( i use 5 channel outputs.... maybe you have any idea? Thanks for everything!!!

I use Macbook pro 2015 and El Capitan. driver version v1.6.67918
dtaki

Re: MOTU ultralite mk3 hybrid firewire and output problems

Post by dtaki »

Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but I seem to be having the same problem as you with my Traveler mk1. Mine will make a high-pitched "beep" sort of noise, then the audio output will cut out for 2-4 seconds, and then resume as normal. Is this similar to what happens to you?

It seems to be random and intermittent, although I have occasionally noticed it happen when I turn on my MIDI controller, but that may be coincidence.

I'm using a 2011 MacBook Pro with 10.9.5 Mavericks.
Djay2xtreme

Re: MOTU ultralite mk3 hybrid firewire and output problems

Post by Djay2xtreme »

I was having the same problems but now it cuts out and does not come back on. It will either just keep making that high pitched noise or nothing at all. When I turn off the motu 828x it will play fine thru the computer speakers. I have tried it with ableton, serato scratch and serato dj, iTunes, and have the same problem in all of them. I have updated to the beta software that motu offers and that did nothing. I tried resetting my motu to factory settings and that did not help. Please help if anyone can figure this one out!

iMac 21.5"
3.6 ghz intel core i5
8 gb 1333 mhz ddr3
osx el capitan