Erratic/Jumpy Pointer while running Motu software

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
PreciousRex
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Erratic/Jumpy Pointer while running Motu software

Post by PreciousRex »

Hello, folks.

I recently installed Logic Pro X and the most recent Motu audio drivers to my 2012 13" Macbook Pro and am using the original Ultralite which I had been using successfully on a 2008 Macbook previously. I've immediately run into a problem. Within a few minutes of attempting to record an audio track, the pointer starts jumping around and responding oddly. It gets progressively more erratic until I'm unable to use the pointer at all. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, cleaning the edges around the trackpad, using different power outlets, etc., all to no avail. I don't experience any issues with the trackpad/pointer while running Logic without the Motu software, and the minute I quit the Motu software smooth function returns entirely to the trackpad. I've searched for discussions on this issue but have thus far had no luck. Can anyone help me diagnose it or point me to a past discussion that might shed some light on the problem? I'm a bit out of my depth here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Equipment:

Mid 2012 13" Macbook Pro with Yosemite 10.10.5 and 8 GB of memory
Motu Ultralite original model (purchased 2008) connected with a 9 pin to 6 pin firewire cable

Thanks for your time.
marka4
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Erratic/Jumpy Pointer while running Motu software

Post by marka4 »

This appears similar to this topic "‪Macbook pro trackpad and Ultra Lite mk3 not working together‬" in "MOTU Hardware & Mac OSX" forum. I posted there that I have the same symptoms with similar OS and similar (legacy) hardware, if I'm guessing correctly. It makes me wonder if MOTU is testing software releases with legacy hardware with the trackpad on MBP.