Old Traveler and Yosemite malfunction.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
GuilleDelaFuente
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Old Traveler and Yosemite malfunction.

Post by GuilleDelaFuente »

Hello!
Thanks beforehand to everyone reading and helping.
I am experiencing an annoying problem with my home setup, been trying everything and would thank some help!
I upgrade my computer, from a Mac OsX 10.6.8 g5 laptop, and I runned Motu old Traveler (the old one, not mk3) without problems. Then upgraded to Yosemite and Traveler stopped working properly.
It makes a digital noise en the main output, with constant volume unrelated to the main speakers volume, and the signal is much stronger in the left speaker.
I tried factory values, updating traveler with the last driver 1.07 that by the way I need to install in the old computer, installing driver 1.6 64254, tried even the new drivers for Traveler Mk3, and the problem is still there.
Anything to do with hardware, cause it is working right in my old laptop.
Could someone help me with this? Is it simply incompatible with Yosemite and I need to upgrade my soundcard?
Thank you very much guys!
Regards
cuttime

Re: Old Traveler and Yosemite malfunction.

Post by cuttime »

I'm using a Traveler Mk I with El Capitan with no problems. When you say "factory values" do you mean a factory reset? Please check this thread:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=60780
If I can think of anything else I'll check back.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
GuilleDelaFuente

Yep, I meant factory reset, and saw that post, did all that, but didn´t work. Except using external power supply, I´ll try and report the results back, would appreciate more ideas if any.
Thank you very much for the help cuttime!
GuilleDelaFuente

Hey! Tried the external power supply and worked perfectly! Thanks for the help!!