Motu Audio Express sudden no sound problem for Mac Osx

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
alan wang
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motu Audio Express sudden no sound problem for Mac Osx

Post by alan wang »

Hi all, I hope someone can help me.
The problem with my Motu Audio Express is that sometimes audio is completely gone. The only thing I hear when it has happened is a very high beep. When I go to my Motu Audio Console and change one of the settings randomly, everything works fine again.

Before I saw The MOTU Hardware & Windows of tvboxtel's question , he has the same problem, So I borrowed his Title :)
I was update the Audio USB public beta driver download for 10.11 - Beta 3 (October 20, 2015) , but the problem is not solved....
I hope someone can help me fix this annoying problem. I am using MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012) OS X EI Capitan 10.11.1

Thanks in advance!
alan wang

Re: Motu Audio Express sudden no sound problem for Mac Osx

Post by alan wang »

alan wang wrote:Hi all, I hope someone can help me.
The problem with my Motu Audio Express is that sometimes audio is completely gone. The only thing I hear when it has happened is a very high beep. When I go to my Motu Audio Console and change one of the settings randomly, everything works fine again.

Before I saw The MOTU Hardware & Windows of tvboxtel's question , he has the same problem, So I borrowed his Title :)
I was update the Audio USB public beta driver download for 10.11 - Beta 3 (October 20, 2015) , but the problem is not solved....
I hope someone can help me fix this annoying problem. I am using MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012) OS X EI Capitan 10.11.1

Thanks in advance!
mikehalloran

Re: Motu Audio Express sudden no sound problem

Post by mikehalloran »

Hi Alan,

In a situation like this, it's best to put in a Tech Link with MOTU support. With beta drivers, they will need to know what does and does not work. Let us know what happens.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
alan wang

Post by alan wang »

Hi Mikehalloran,
Thanks for the reply!
Well, I‘ll try, if there are any solutions I will announce here.
Thanks for any advice !
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Yea, we're a user support group. By posting the results, it helps everybody.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
SleeplessDroids

Post by SleeplessDroids »

Having the same issue with my brand new 828mk3. Sudden click and no audio for about 20 seconds then returning to normal. Latest Beta 3 driver installed, iMac OS 10.11.1
alan wang

Post by alan wang »

two days ago I wrote a gmail to the technical department,(customerservice@motu.com)
but until now still no response..
SleeplessDroids

Post by SleeplessDroids »

I'm also getting the occasional DAW crash (Ableton Live 9.2.3) when the audio on the 828 cuts out causing my Mac to restart. I assume all this is linked to updating to El Capitan.
alan wang

Post by alan wang »

lol, Audio USB public beta driver download for 10.11 - Beta 4 (November 4, 2015) This upgrade is worked well。
I upgraded and listened to one hour, so far no recurrence of the problem of sounds.
go to downloads :
http://www.motu.com/newsitems/motu-and-os-x-el-capitan/