Erratic Meter behavior in CueMix for S/PDIF Mix ...

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
paul_nyc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Erratic Meter behavior in CueMix for S/PDIF Mix ...

Post by paul_nyc »

I have a brand new Audio Express connected to a legacy MacPro tower via USB.

Notice in the snapshot I have the Mic Inputs 1+2 grouped as a stereo pair with equal Trim settings. Also notice the incoming signal level is consistent on both inputs (L+R). If you look at the Output meter(s) for the S/PDIF mix, there is a disparity in signal level between the L+R channels. Same thing happens if I pass audio or even a consistent stereo test tone to the Line Inputs panned center or hard panned Left/Right.

Note this only happens in the S/PDIF output mix in CueMix. The remaining 3 mix options show equal L+R meter readings for the grouped mic inputs as well as the Line In tone.

I've reset the unit and also tried plugging the device's USB cable into a different input on Mac. No change in this meter anomoly.

What's interesting is the S/PDIF output signal is fine. There no disparity in the L+R audio being fed to an external recorder. I can confirm this when monitoring the test tone signal using the recorder's level meters.

Does anyone know what may be going on? From what I describe is it safe to say that it is a CueMix software issue and not a faulty device? I could be wrong ...

Thanks.

-paul.

apanacci

Re: Erratic Meter behavior in CueMix for S/PDIF Mix ...

Post by apanacci »

Can you take it out of Stereo mode and have 2 mono? If you can does it do the same thing. Just shut down my computer. Will have a look tomorrow
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
paul_nyc

Re: Erratic Meter behavior in CueMix for S/PDIF Mix ...

Post by paul_nyc »

apanacci wrote:Can you take it out of Stereo mode and have 2 mono? If you can does it do the same thing. Just shut down my computer. Will have a look tomorrow
Thanks and yes, - same behavior when switched to mono x2.

-paul.