motu mtp av oldest possible drver

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
traffkin
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

motu mtp av oldest possible drver

Post by traffkin »

hi folks!
i happened to have lc-475 "pizza box" with working system 7. cubase 2.5 works greatly and i also have mtp av with rs-422. is there any real way to make them deal? kinda old fart :) love ancient MIDI machines :)
thanks in advance!
mikehalloran

Re: motu mtp av oldest possible drver

Post by mikehalloran »

MTP AV serial or USB? Nevermind, even the USB version has Mac and Net serial ports. You need a Mac printer cable to connect – it's wired differently than a modem cable though, back in the day, you could buy switcher boxes to make either compatible (I threw mine out 10 years ago).

System 7? Really? Hmmmm... I think you can get FreeMIDI that goes back that far... All I see is 1.48 for OS 9. I don't know how far back it's compatible but I'm pretty sure it worked in OS 8 and would be surprised if it doesn't work for you. Look for Legacy Macs in the downloads.

http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technotes/driverlog

If you don't know Macintosh Garden yet, you need to:

http://macintoshgarden.org

If you search Digital Performer, you'll see a link to 1.71 that ran on System 6-OS8. If complete (and Free MIDI doesn't run on System 7) a version of Free MIDI that does run should be available.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
traffkin

Re: motu mtp av oldest possible drver

Post by traffkin »

thanks for very useful information! i got dp171, now it's time to sort out how to use floppy disk images... and i'll try freemidi surely, hope it'll work!