2408 MK3 Crazy ADAT Bank problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Fibes
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

2408 MK3 Crazy ADAT Bank problem

Post by Fibes »

Hello, I'm a longtime MOTU power user and our 2408 mk3 just started mirroring ADAT Bank A onto Bank B.

We're running into it from an AD 16x on channels 1-16 and a Rosetta 800 on 17-24.

I've tried to do a voltage reset, reinstalled the motu audio system software and jiggled the PCIE card.

Anything I should try before sending the unit back?

Thanks in advance.
Fibes

"You can like it, or not like it."
-----------------------------------
DP 7.24, 12 Core 2.66, Reason, Live, UAD-2 full meal deal, Sonalksis 315 & 517, DUY Everpack, Altiverb 6, Apptrigga, Autotune 5, OHM Force Experience, Audio Damage Dishord/Adverb/Dubstation, PSP full meal deal, Camelphat/Space, Wave Arts Power pack and many more.
csavetman

Re: 2408 MK3 Crazy ADAT Bank problem

Post by csavetman »

In the Motu PCI setup utility, have you clicked on the options button for the 2408 to check its settings? I believe there's something in there concerning mirroring.

Carlos
Fibes

Re: 2408 MK3 Crazy ADAT Bank problem

Post by Fibes »

csavetman wrote:In the Motu PCI setup utility, have you clicked on the options button for the 2408 to check its settings? I believe there's something in there concerning mirroring.

Carlos

Thanks Carlos but that refers to mirroring to analog.

This is probably a hardware issue as MOTU tech support said.

I've been running rock solid systems for 20 years now, this came out of nowhere.
Fibes

"You can like it, or not like it."
-----------------------------------
DP 7.24, 12 Core 2.66, Reason, Live, UAD-2 full meal deal, Sonalksis 315 & 517, DUY Everpack, Altiverb 6, Apptrigga, Autotune 5, OHM Force Experience, Audio Damage Dishord/Adverb/Dubstation, PSP full meal deal, Camelphat/Space, Wave Arts Power pack and many more.