Moto828mk2 showing unusual output behaviour

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
luckysamj
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Moto828mk2 showing unusual output behaviour

Post by luckysamj »

Hello all

Please forgive my first post being a plea for help!

Our usually reliable 828mk2 (Firewire) has just started showing some strange output behaviour. We're running Logic X (10.1) and have always been able to assign from Logic to send out via the analogue outs to a desk as well as successfully send via ADAT to another 8 outs (Behringer ADA8000). The ADAT outs are working fine but we can only get signal from the last 3 MOTU analogue outs. Outputs 1 - 5 don't show up on the front panel LED (6,7,8 do) when selected from Logic. Main outs are fine.

I've tried a factory reset, new firewire lead, new drivers.

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks

Sam
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Moto828mk2 showing unusual output behaviour

Post by mikehalloran »

I would post a Tech Link to MOTU Support.

If that doesn't do it, open the unit, burnish the internal connectors by disconnecting and re-connecting.

I don't know if this will work but I have fixed many pieces of sound gear that way, especially Mackie mixers with the same problem: half the outputs don't work.

If that doesn't do it, look for a cracked circuit board.

I'm guessing but one of the above is usually the culprit.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro