AUDIODESK 4: Unable to save and re - open project !!!

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
mastromic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

AUDIODESK 4: Unable to save and re - open project !!!

Post by mastromic »

Hello!
I downloaded AudioDesk 4 and I enjoyed the new features as well as if, when I saved the project under a different name, I have not been able to open it again!
If I leave in default, Audiodesk save the project in digital format performer and I can not re open it.
If I change the format and choose audiodesk2, I do not just save and return to the home screen. :smash:
None of you had these problems?
Thank you!
Mac mini 2011 - 2.5GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm 4GB di SDRAM DDR3 a 1600MHz - 2x2GB - OS X Mavericks - MOTU 896 MK3 HYBRID
mikehalloran

Re: AUDIODESK 4: Unable to save and re - open project !!!

Post by mikehalloran »

Very few of us are going to have any recent experience with AudioDesk having upgraded to Digital Performer at some point.

You are likely to have better results placing a call to MOTU Support. Your problem sounds pretty basic but the way you are reporting it is not making any sense to me.

What OS? Version? Did you install in the default location? What errors are you receiving if any?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mastromic

Post by mastromic »

Hello Mikehalloran!
Thanks for the reply!
The operating system is mac os Mavericks and I install Audiodesk in the default location
Just when I save the project by giving it a new name for the default format it is saved with digital performer format. And I can't reopen it with audiodesk!
If I change the format in audiodesk2 , reports no error and returns to the home page of the project without having done the rescue!!!
:smash:
Thanks for any advice !
Mac mini 2011 - 2.5GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm 4GB di SDRAM DDR3 a 1600MHz - 2x2GB - OS X Mavericks - MOTU 896 MK3 HYBRID
malden

Post by malden »

I'm having the same problem! I'm running Mac OS X Yosemite. I recently updated to AudioDesk 4.01 and I can't open anything I try to save.

When saving, the default file type is Digital Performer Project Document (.dpdoc). If I attempt to open it later, an error window says that dpdocs must be saved as an AudioDesk project to be opened with AudioDesk.

When saving, if I change the file type to AudioDesk 2.0 instead, I can hit 'Save' but no new files show up in the save destination folder...

Hmm...
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Hopefully, someone will post a Tech Link with MOTU Support and tell us all what the solution is. It would be nice to point others to this thread when that happens.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
PJ_Stoppleworth

Post by PJ_Stoppleworth »

Anybody find success fixing this? I'm running into the same problem and it's a royal PITA.
DickT

Post by DickT »

Same problem here. Sent a tech query and was advise to try Save As Copy, this works using the default dialog box with file format at DP !? Project then saves as an addoc. Awaiting a reply to my further query as to why Save As does not work.

Dick.
DickT

Post by DickT »

Had a further reply from the techies; it's a bug, dev team will be informed. Will it be fixed, who knows?

Work around is to Save Copy As, this works well.

Dick.