cue mix fx

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
michael77
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

cue mix fx

Post by michael77 »

Hey Motunation........ Moto user for 20 plus yrs..... small project studio doing film/tv and some small production records.... not much in the way of tracking large groups..... I have used motto interfaces since the mid 90s and I still have absolutely no idea how the cuemix fx software works. Somehow I have managed to get a talkback to work when I record singers but that's about it..... I have read articles, watched videos but alas no success..... I would at least love to know how it works before I kik....... anybody out there using this software?
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: cue mix fx

Post by bayswater »

Groove3 has a Cuemix tutorial. There are more on youtube. The manual for the hardware unit describes it pretty well.

Cuemix is pretty straightforward. The MOTU interface units it works with have digital mixers built in, sometimes with effects, and Cuemix is the software control interface for the mixer. You can also use a hardware control surface. Sometimes there is confusion about Cuemix based on the assumption that it somehow interacts with the DP mixer and effects, but it doesn't; it is completely independent.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8