Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid Master Volume

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
HiPresto
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid Master Volume

Post by HiPresto »

Just got an Ultralite, and am having trouble with the master volume. Either in Cuemix FX, or on the front panel, the Master Fader does nothing! As a result, the signal coming out of the Ultralite is so hot, I have to run my board (Mackie 1604 VLZ-Pro) at -30db just to have it be anything but ear-splitting. The Maser is assigned to the Main out 1-2 on Bus 1.

I have Mackie HR824s, and a Blue Sky sub. The Mackies are already at -10db. I know I could turn down the trim on the Mackie inputs from the Ultralite, but it almost seems as if the Ultralite is overdriving, as with no program, there is a noticeable hiss coming from it. So I'm afraid that if I turn down the 1604's trims, I might still be getting distorted signal.

FYI, the sub has only output volume control, so I don't want to underdrive it. It is functioning as the cross-over for the Mackies.

I have read through everything I can find on CueMix, and on this forum, but have come up empty.

The firmware is 1.07, boot 1.03. I have tried with Core Audio volume controls on and off, but it makes no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-HiPresto
hshaw
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid Master Volume

Post by hshaw »

You must go to the CueMix FX application and select "MONITOR" for Main 1 and 2 outputs.