1248 stability issues with OS X 10.10.3

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
mbball1
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

1248 stability issues with OS X 10.10.3

Post by mbball1 »

I am experiencing some stability issues with the 1248 over TB on a late 2013 Mac Pro (trash can) running Yosemite 10.10.3 with Pro Tools 11 and 12HD. I believe this to be an OS X core audio issue moreso than a Pro Tools issue. I have the 1248 set up as my output sound device in OS X for playback in addition to being set as the playback engine in Pro Tools. I have observed that occasionally when playing back audio such as from iTunes or the occasional YouTube video, the OS fails to send audio data to the 1248. It still shows up as a recognized audio device in system preferences, but no audio passes from the computer to the 1248 (audibly or showing up on the 1248 meters). If I switch to display audio (via my TB display) I get signal. Switching back to the 1248 is fruitless, however upon restart the situation is resolved. I believe similar behavior is what is causing my PT crashes. If the playback engine suddenly disappears, this would certainly cause stability issues with Pro Tools.
mbball1
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: 1248 stability issues with OS X 10.10.3

Post by mbball1 »

Is there a solution for this? Is anyone else experiencing this?