828 original not present

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
bassystem
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

828 original not present

Post by bassystem »

Hi

my MOTU 828 original doesn't connect to comp. (no MAC nor Wondows) I tried to update drivers (motu audio installer) but I can't "see" it. I also tried with different FW cables with no success. So I would have to try to install different firmware on my motu, but I can't find any...on MOTU site I can see that 1.02 is a latest firmware, but I can't find link to download it...

http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technot ... 20firmware

does anyone have original or 1.02 firmware for motu 828...or do you have some dofferent idea?

thanks
Bowman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828 original not present

Post by Bowman »

Hi,

You say your computer isn't a Mac or Windows. It would be useful if you told us what computer you are using, what operating system, etc.

If you can't find the firmware download link, it may be that your 828 isn't registered with MOTU. However, given the lack of information you post I'm not sure firmware is the problem. My 828 original is over 10 years old and it has been rock solid since day one with no update to firmware (or anything else for that matter).

Bowman.
iMac Intel Core i5 3.2ghz - 16gb RAM - OSX 10.10.5 - DP 9.01 - Mach Five 3.2.1 - Ethno Instrument 2.0.3 - Kontakt 5.4.3 - 4pre - 828 original - micro express