MIDI EXPRESS 128 & ABLETON

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
isb
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI EXPRESS 128 & ABLETON

Post by isb »

Hi, I'm currently having issues with a MIDI express 128 i've bought. I am on mac 10.7.5 and using Ableton 9.0.1. I ran the installer and switched on ableton to use. After adding an external instrument and sending it to my Korg 800 I add no problem initially and I can see the green light show on the express sending the data to my korg. After working for a bit i try to use the external instrument again and nothing happens. If I unplug and plug the usb cable again it sometimes works but not for long.

it is showing in the ableton preferences but when I check audio MIDI set up it is not shown in there. Hi, I'm currently having issues with a MIDI express 128 i've bought. I am on mac 10.7.5 and using Ableton 9.0.1. I ran the installer and switched on ableton to use. After adding an external instrument and sending it to my Korg 800 I add no problem initially and I can see the green light show on the express sending the data to my korg. After working for a bit i try to use the external instrument again and nothing happens. If I unplug and plug the usb cable again it sometimes works but not for long.

it is showing in the ableton preferences but when I check audio MIDI set up it is not shown in there.
Clock works is showing in applications though when i double click on it it tells me "clockworks can't detect your motu hardware"

can anyone help?