Connecting Synthesizer to MicroBook

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Wells
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Connecting Synthesizer to MicroBook

Post by Wells »

After buying an Arturia Microbrutre recently, i'd like to connect it to my Microbook to record in Logic Pro X. There is only one line out on the Microbrute, I've connected an audio cable from this to Line 3 on the Microbook but after setting it up in Logic, it's in mono.

Would I need a y cable to go from the Microbrute and into line 3 and 4? I know this would make it stereo, but I thought I'd be able to get stereo from just line 3.

I'm pretty new to all this so any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
nick danger
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Connecting Synthesizer to MicroBook

Post by nick danger »

Sounds like the Microbrutre output is for a stereo headphone. So you need two TRS ends on a balanced cord-- one end either 1/4" or 1/8" TRS to plug into the Microbrutre, and the other end a 1/8" TRS to plug into the Microbook (if it's a Microbook II, anyway.) A Y cable with one TRS to two 1/4" TS plugs into the Microbook would work too.
iMac 2.66 GHz Intel core 2 duo, 8 gb ram running 10.11.6; 17" Macbook Pro 8,3, 2.5 GHz Core I7, 16 GB ram running 10.13.6; DP 8.07; 8pre-es; 828mkII; 828mkI; microbook II, Behringer ADA8000, Black Lion Auteur 2-Ch. Pre-Amp