Updating Firmware on Motu 16A and 8M

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
kirky
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Updating Firmware on Motu 16A and 8M

Post by kirky »

Hi there

I bought a Motu 16A and 8M. The devices run firmware 1.0.0. If i start the Web App, there's in brown a warning which says: New Update Available (1.2.0) - Please run web app directly from device over ethernet to update

I checked the manual how to proceed and it says: "12. If an update is available for your device, and the computer you are viewing it from is connected to the internet, you’ll be notified here. Click More Info to learn what’s new and start the update process."

In my app there is no such button "more Info button". So i checked again in the manual. It further says: "If your MOTU AVB interface (and the computer it is connected to) has no internet access, you can download a firmware update file from another computer that does have internet, and then use the file to update your MOTU interface. Scroll down to the bottom and click Update
from File."

Again there is no "Update from file" button at the bottom of the Device tab.

I tried to connect the interface per CAT6 to my network port on my mac, to see if such a button appears when the device is connected to the internet but the only thing that happens, is that the screen of the interface reads: "AVB Synchronizing..." which doesn't go away (i let it synchronize for 10 minutes, i think that should be enough time to synchronize...)

What should i do now? I need this firmware update, because the mixer doesn't behave like I expect it to and I hope these issues are resolved with an updated firmware...

Thanks for your help!
Roger
monkey man

Re: Updating Firmware on Motu 16A and 8M

Post by monkey man »

Bloody networks. My brain goes into meltdown at the mere mention of the word.

Can't help, sorry Roger, but I will monitor your plight as I'm slowly moving towards the AVB system.

Someone, probably EMRR, will know how to help you. If not, there's always the big ol' BeerGuts thread.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
beoleTM

Re: Updating Firmware on Motu 16A and 8M

Post by beoleTM »

Hi there,

you have to connect the interfaces to your normal network with internet-connection for updating the firmware - not to the macs ethernet-port.

after finnishing the updates, set it back to the connections you had before.

hope this helps, beole