Microbook2 Line out 3/4 won't play on ableton9 with Yosemite

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Addiction
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Microbook2 Line out 3/4 won't play on ableton9 with Yosemite

Post by Addiction »

Hi guys
Just got my microbook and been struggling with this all day !!
I have the latest update and firmware installed cue mix working .
So I'm trying to set up 2 diffrent outputs (1/2 main out &3/4line out)
From my microbbook into 2 diffrent audio channels on ableton(channel one has 1/2 ext out , channel 2 has ext 3/4 on ableton)
My goal is to use the micro book to dj set from ableton live using the 2 outputs from the microbbook to connect to 2 diffrent Chanel's on a dj mixer so each output is independent this way allowing me to mix
Unfortunatly on channel 2 where ext 3/4 is chosen, I can't get a signal when switching the same channel to ext 1/2 there is a signal on the very same channel.
I been over the curmix interface also in the audio MIDI interface all seems fine tried all option within the cuemix as well as changing usb cables ports sound cables downgrading the driver updated again even removed my prev native instruments driver, but no luck just can't seem to get 2 diffrent independent outputs only the main out seems to play sound
Asking myself if this is possible after searching all over and not getting a clue on how to solve this
Pls, help anyone ????
emviveros
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Microbook2 Line out 3/4 won't play on ableton9 with Yose

Post by emviveros »

I'm in yosemite too and I has the same problem, but seeing this thread:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 14&t=50437

and after a little experimentation, to have Cue feature working in Ableton Live, I have the following outputs set in Master track:

Cue/Out: 7/8
Master out: 1/2

In "Audio MIDI setup", then in MOTU MicroBook II, we have the description of I/O

Inputs:
1: Mic
2: Guitar
3/4: Line 1/2
5/6: Return 1/2

And outputs works like

Outputs:
1/2: Main out / Phones / SPDIF
3/4: Main out / SPDIF
5/6: Line out
7/8: Phones

If you do not have the expected results, then go to CueMix: Configuration -> Factory Defaults.

I hope it helps the upcoming.

ps.: for the curious people: http://www.hifizine.com/2013/03/motu-microbook-ii/ :woohoo: